Shun Li Ah Ma Lor Mee @ Redhill Market & Food Centre

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

It has been a while since I last came to Redhill Market & Food Centre.

One of the reasons why I do not frequent this food centre is due to the pigeons flying around which I find very unhygienic but, the main reason still boil down to the fact that I am too lazy to walk over from the MRT station! 😈

So, what made me drag my lazy bones here today is because I was craving for duck noodle and I wanted to try the one from Seng Heng Braised Duck however, they were already packing up for the day when I arrived just before 11am.

I circled the food centre, with the hope to find something that might interest me when I spotted a new Chinese stall which I have never seen before.

The stall is called Shun Li Ah Ma Lor Mee and it sells both lor mee and laksa for $4. I ordered a bowl of lor mee opting for the flat Hokkien noodle. The lady helper asks if I wanted beansprouts and whether I wanted more noodle (at no extra cost).

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

My jaw literally dropped when my order is done. The bowl was filled to the brim and packed with ingredients! Not only that, the ingredients were arranged impeccably on top of the noodle. 

The ingredients included uniformly sliced ngor hiang and pork belly, half a braised egg, one fried fish meat nugget (which I mistook for fish cake) and crispy flour bits.

I helped myself to the cut chili padisambal chili, grated garlic, coriander and black vinegar at the condiments section without the owners shooting daggers at me. 

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

There is some difficulty in lifting the noodle from the bottom as the toppings threatened to fall over the edge of the bowl. I have to stir a bit and eat a bit until it dropped to a comfortable level before I could give it a complete stir.

I was able to appreciate the original flavors of the lor before they are altered by the condiments since I am unable to mix everything thoroughly in the beginning.

The viscosity of the lor is not too thick, therefore not too starchy nor lumpy.

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

I have to say the pork belly and ngor hiang are really nice particularly the former which has absorbed the flavors of the lor. The small layer of fat was literally melt in the mouth.

The fish cake which I left for the last as I was not too keen on it turns out to be fried fish meat nugget.

If there is one thing that I have to pick a bone with, it would be the crispy flour bits that could not retain its crispiness in the lor.

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

This $4 bowl of lor mee may seem slightly pricier than the usual price range ($2.50 - $3.50) elsewhere, but it is super value for money since it could be shared among two persons. Just see how much noodle and ingredients there is.

Even I was struggling to finish it all by myself! Perhaps I should not have asked for "more noodles".

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面

You know, I am at a loss for words when I saw the chef's meticulous effort in arranging the toppings. It is hawker food and not some atas fine dining, mind you! He does not have to do this at all!

His passion towards his craft is totally reflected in this bowl of noodleI am so impressed that I had to tapau one packet back for my parents to share! And guess what? The stall did not even charge me for the container at all. 

Look at that big packet of lor. There is still some lor left in that packet after pouring it into the container. See how generous they are with the portions?

Guys, you really have to go try this or you will cry yourself to sleep!

ah ma lor mee, lor mee, redhill, redhill food centre, redhill market & food centre, shun li, shun li ah ma lor mee, singapore, 顺利阿嬷卤面,顺利,阿嬷卤面,阿嬷,卤面


SHUN LI AH MA LOR MEE 顺利阿嬷卤面
Redhill Market & Food Centre
85 Redhill Lane
#01-07
Singapore 150085

Business Hours


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach