Al Mubarak Restaurant - Chicken Briyani @ Blk 132 Jurong Gateway Road

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani

I was visiting the bank in the area so I thought I would drop by Foodclique at blk 132 Jurong Gateway Road for brunch.

I had spent the entire morning waiting at the bank and I was getting hangry. While pondering over what to have from the coffee shop, I saw this huge pot of briyani beckoning to me from the counter-top of Al Mubarak Restaurant, an Indian Muslim stall.

Resistance is futile, they say and I think there is much truth in that as I succumbed to temptation and ordered myself a chicken briyani ($5.50).

My eyes sparkled when the staff removed the lid that was partially covering the pot, revealing the basmati rice together with mutton and chicken in its grandeur.

As I did not had my camera with me, I returned for a second visit within the same week, this time, armed with my trusty camera for a proper review... only to realize that the memory card is still plugged into the computer at home.

I had to depend on my iPhone camera, albeit unwillingly, for the rescue mission.

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani

Just like the previous visit, my order came with a generous serving of basmati rice served atop a piece of waxed paper with a chicken leg, pickled cucumber salad and a bowl of dalcha on the side.

The rice is firm yet not sticky while the spices perfuming it did not overwhelm. I can eat the rice without guilt and I could have it without any other accompaniments. I do not even need the dalcha which I find too mild for my palate. I would have preferred something stronger and with a bit more punch, like fish or chicken curry.

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani

The chicken leg is well-marinated with every bit of meat packed with flavor. The texture is so tender the meat pulls away quite effortlessly.

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani

The vinegar from the pickled cucumber salad is rather appetizing and helps to cut through any jelakness. I would pick this over the usual cucumber with ketchup that is served elsewhere anytime.

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani

What I like about this briyani is that it was not too heavy yet did the job of filling me up. Even though the flavors are not particularly outstanding, it is decent to say the least. For the price, I have nothing to complain about.

al mubarak restaurant,blk 132 jurong gateway road,foodclique,food review,indian muslim food,nasi briyani,chicken briyani,halal food,jurong east,nasi biryani.chicken biryani


AL MUBARAK RESTAURANT
Foodclique
Blk 132 Jurong Gateway Road
Singapore 600132

Business Hours
TBA



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach