Lengkok Bahru Minced Meat Noodle @ Blk 58 Lengkok Bahru

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,

How did the residents of Lengkok Bahru keep a certain minced meat noodle stall in their neighborhood under wraps from the rest of Singapore all these years?

Located within an old-school coffee shop at the foot of block 58, this noodle stall does not even have a signboard. However, that does not stop people from locating them, as words of mouth soon gave the secret away.

When I first visited the stall a year ago, the noodle stall was closed despite it being a weekday (their off day is on alternate Sundays).

Determined to have my bowl of noodle, I made a return trip to the coffee shop earlier this week, reaching there just a little after ten in the morning. I was half expecting it to be a slow and quiet morning, with only a couple of retirees engaging in a game of chess over a kopi-o siew dai.

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, seng hong coffee shop, singapore,

The noodle stall is right at the entrance so I ordered a medium bowl ($3/$4/$5) of mee kia with the lady standing in front of the stall. I then proceeded to enter the coffee shop to look for a seat however, the situation inside made me stop in my tracks.

All the tables were occupied except for one but it was taken by a mother and son duo.

To be truthful, it was not a very big coffee shop to begin with.

Panic gripped me at the thought of having to share a table with other patrons. Normally, it wouldn't be a problem but not when I have to take photos for the blog, I am more concerned about causing unnecessary distress to my dining partner with my photo taking.

The stress of stressing other people with my stress stresses me. #WoesOfAnIntrovert

Just as I was stressing over which table to join, I spotted an empty table in a concealed corner at the far end of the coffee shop. I did not notice it at first due to it being hidden from view behind a pillar. Honestly, I had my qualms about sitting there as it is awkwardly near to an altar but I guess I have no other options.

As I settled down, I discover it is not that bad after all! It is probably the largest table in the coffee shop but most importantly, I have all the privacy I needed behind the pillar to do my thing without being judged watched!

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,

It took a while for my order to be ready because apart from the drinks stall, this noodle stall is apparently the ONE AND ONLY food stall in the coffee shop hence almost everyone there is waiting for their noodles.

Hey, at least I got my order before the mother and son did (who ordered before me and beat me to the table that I was aiming for).

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,

So, how was the minced meat noodle?

The amount of minced meat is quite measly but they make up for the lack of it with plenty of soft, tender pork slices that I prefer.

Some of the other ingredients included slices of fish cake, two fish dumplings, two fish balls and two meat balls.

The ingredients used are fairly fresh and the proof is in the pudding. 

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,

I love how "crunchy" the mee kia is. Well, not crispy crunchy but al dente crunchy. The marvelous old-school tossing sauce is just enough to coat the noodles without being too wet. You definitely have to ask for their chili sauce even if you cannot take the heat because it is really amazing.

For the price, the portion of the noodle is alright but not filling enough for me. I should have gone straight for the $5 bowl.

How I wish this stall can move to my neighborhood just so I could eat it everyday!

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,

bak chor mee, bcm, blk 58 lengkok bahru, food, food review, lengkok bahru minced meat noodle, minced meat noodle, review, singapore, seng hong coffee shop,


LENGKOK BAHRU MINCED MEAT NOODLE
Seng Hong Coffee Shop
Blk 58 Lengkok Bahru
Singapore 150058

Business Hours
Mon: 9am - 5pm
Tue - Fri: 7am - 2.30pm
Sat - Sun: 8.30am - 2pm
Closed: Alternate Sun



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach