Video: Why It Is Cruel To Let Your Dog Drink Via A Water Bottle


First of all, you have to understand how dogs drink.

I have always thought that they slurp water in the same manner as us by using the front of our tongues.

However, I realised how wrong I was when I learn that they 'scoop' water into their mouths using the bottom side of their tongues instead!

Watch the video below.



As you can see, dogs fold their tongues backwards, forming a wall around the water and scooping it into their mouths like a spoon.

Amazing, isn't it?


I feel this is something very important for dog owners who allow their dogs to drink from a water bottle (especially one with a spout) to know.

I have always advocated for dogs to drink from a water bowl instead of from a water bottle as the spout which dispense water drop by drop through the ball bearings might prove a little challenging for the dogs to drink enough.

Now that you know why, I do hope you will change the water bottles to a proper water bowl for the well-being of your dog and not to your convenience.

Keep hydrating!