Teochew Fishball Noodle @ Tiong Bahru Market

The uneven shape of the fishball is evident that they were all handmade

After her follow-up at the hospital, Mum and I dropped by Tiong Bahru Market for our brunch. It was way past 2pm and it is no wonder why we were famished!

As it was a Monday, most of the stalls were closed for business but I am not complaining; it simply means less headache over choosing what to eat!

After some consideration, we decided upon this stall advertising it's "special fishballs" and "special fishcakes".


 Mixing the sauce with the mee pok

Handmade fishballs have always given me the impression of ultimate freshness and bounciness so I was real excited to try it out.

Unfortunately, it did not turn out the way I had expected.

The texture of the fishballs felt rather rough in my mouth and may I even say a little hard?

Similarly, the orange fishcake was tasteless and did not have the sweetness associated with fishcakes.

I do not understand it.

This stall enjoys quite good reviews online but why does the fishballs and fishcake taste so bad to me?

Have I gone to the wrong stall or did I come too late that the fishballs/cakes are no longer fresh?

Have you tried this Teochew Fishball Noodle before?

If yes, how do you find it?


TEOCHEW FISHBALL NOODLE DRY/SOUP
Tiong Bahru Market
30 Seng Poh Road
#02-13
Singapore 168898

No comments: