Waffletown USA - Bowing Out After 20 Years @ Balmoral Plaza

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,

Update: Waffletown USA has relocated. The new address has been updated at the bottom of this post.

The problem with people is that we tend to take things for granted. We started feeling sorry for ourselves when we realized we are going to lose something dear to our hearts.

When news broke earlier this week that Waffletown USA is going to shutter their doors for good sometime this month (18th May), a piece of me died inside.

I kind of agree with this line that I read somewhere: "We whine about a favorite place closing. When it is finally closed, we clamor to have it back but the moment it does, we visit only once and never return again"

I am quite guilty of this myself. My last visit to Waffletown USA was in fact five years back and I have not done so since then.

However, to prove that I am still a die-hard fan, I decided to have one last meal here for memory's sake.

I thought I was being smart by coming early to beat the queue but what I did not expect was that opening hour has been delayed by sixty minutes later than usual. By then, more people have arrived and I had to stand in line for almost an hour before it reached my turn to order.

I ordered three items: two piece chicken meal ($8.30), waffle ala-mode with blueberries and rum & raisin ice cream ($6.50) and fish burger ($3.50).

There is table service here so take a seat after placing your order and someone will send the order to your table.

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,

I love how the fried chicken here is not greasy at all. The thin layer of crispy skin has no fats underneath while the meat is cooked through with no traces of blood. 

The seasoning could be tasted even in the thickest part of the thigh which is tender and juicy.

But, the best experience is still being able to use the fork and knife to cut the chicken without dirtying my fingers.

The crunchy coleslaw should be freshly made in-house judging by how coarsely chopped the cabbage is. The dressing could be a bit more sour though.

The only thing that fell short was the whipped potato that tasted like it was made out of some premix powder. The texture is actually quite thick, creamy and dense.

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,

Waffletown USA serves crispy Belgian waffles so how could I go to a waffle place without having it? 

Having a waffle by itself might be too plain yet something seems lacking serving it with a scoop of ice cream. 

I decided to go all out to order the waffle ala mode with blueberries and rum & raisin ice cream.

You can have it served later but I wanted it served together with all my orders so by the time I started on this, the ice cream have already melted into a river. 

It is still delicious nonetheless!

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,

It is my first time having their fish burger. 

I deliberately saved the burger for last as I wanted to use the bun to mop up every last drop of the ice cream.

This is a fuss-free burger which you could easily replicate at home or simply buy from Swee Heng bakery for $2.

Sandwiched between two buns with a slice of cheese and lettuce in between, the fish fillet is the type you can find at the economical bee hoon stall. It is quite dry without any tartar sauce or mayonnaise.

Actually, I ordered this purely for nostalgia sake to reminisce the good old days when burgers are served in a styrofoam boxes.

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,

Waffletown USA will cease operations on 18th May 2021. Do drop by to pay your last pilgrimage before they are gone for good.

balmoral plaza,waffletown,waffle town,belgian waffles,fried chicken,singapore,food review,food,review,bukit timah,waffle ala mode,fish burger,


WAFFLETOWN USA
Balmoral Plaza
271 Bukit Timah Road
#01-08
Singapore 259708

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 11am - 9pm



🠟🠟🠟NEW ADDRESS🠟🠟🠟
WAFFLETOWN USA
Newest
1 West Coast Drive
#01-106
Singapore 128020

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 11am - 9pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach