Ah Ma Lor Mee @ Blk 328 Clementi Ave 2

滷麵,singapore,blk 328 clementi ave 2,阿嬤滷麵,卤面,food review,ah ma lor mee,阿嬷卤面,lor mee,

The row of aquarium shops at Blk 328 Clementi Avenue 2 is my to-go-to place for my aquarium supplies.

At the end of the row is a coffeeshop which I have always walked by but never patronize. Who would when the coffeeshop always seemed so quiet and not all the stalls are in operation? 

Furthermore, the popular 448 Clementi Market & Food Centre is just a five to ten minutes walk away.

But, little do I know that hidden in the coffeeshop is a lor mee stall called Ah Ma Lor Mee which happens to be run by the third generation of the popular Feng Zhen Lor Mee (凤珍卤面).

I would not have known about them if not for the fact that Ah Ma Lor Mee was among the Top 10 most-voted-for stalls of the Singapore Food Master 2017 competition and it emerges as one of the top 3 in the west zone category.

滷麵,singapore,blk 328 clementi ave 2,阿嬤滷麵,卤面,food review,ah ma lor mee,阿嬷卤面,lor mee,

Lor mee is one of my favorite comfort food but it is so hard to find a satisfying one. My favorite lor mee is from Old Bukit Purmei but sadly, the uncle had to wind up business due to his ailing health. Fortunately, I found my second favorite from the Feng Zhen Lor Mee branch at Yew Tee.

When I found out that the third generation of Feng Zhen Lor Mee had set up shop at Blk 328 Clementi Ave 2, I wanted to knock myself on the head for not knowing earlier! Now I can have a nice bowl of lor mee whenever I go shopping for my aquarium supplies!

滷麵,singapore,blk 328 clementi ave 2,阿嬤滷麵,卤面,food review,ah ma lor mee,阿嬷卤面,lor mee,

I ordered the $4 bowl of fish lor mee and opted for a mixture of bee hoon and mee. As per standard SOP, I added the usual condiments like cut red chili, sambal chili, coriander, two spoonfuls of the garlic puree and two spoonfuls of black vinegar.

The bowl come with shredded fish, lor bak, fish cake, ngor hiang and half a braised egg. The lor wasn't overly starchy and does not turn watery by the end of the meal. This is certainly a decent bowl of lor mee.

滷麵,singapore,blk 328 clementi ave 2,阿嬤滷麵,卤面,food review,ah ma lor mee,阿嬷卤面,lor mee,

But if you were to compare Ah Ma Lor Mee with Feng Zhen Lor Mee, the latter still got my vote.

Firstly, I find the garlic puree too watery/diluted. Despite adding two spoonfuls of it, there is no garlicky kick at all. Secondly, the black vinegar does not have that pungent smell that make lor mee shiok. I wonder could it be the brand they used which is, perhaps, more 'subdued' in flavor?

Nevertheless, Ah Ma Lor Mee still win all those in my hood hands down and I would most certainly have a bowl when I come shop for my aquarium supplies.

滷麵,singapore,blk 328 clementi ave 2,阿嬤滷麵,卤面,food review,ah ma lor mee,阿嬷卤面,lor mee,

The coffeeshop is about 1-2 minutes walk from Clementi MRT Station Exit C.


AH MA LOR MEE 阿嬤滷麵
Blk 328 Clementi Ave 2
Singapore 120328

Business Hours
Fri - Wed: 7am - 2pm 
Closed: Thu


Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/FnthMppRYBA2
GPS Coordinates: 1.3139279,103.7648078


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach