Yap Kee Wanton Noodle @ Holland Drive Market & Food Centre

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,

Yap Kee Wanton Noodle at Holland Drive Market & Food Centre is managed by the Koo family - a husband and wife team hailing from Batu Pahat in Johor, Malaysia.

According to Tony, you might be interested to know that Uncle Koo's brother is the man behind the famous "flying wanton noodle" at Permas Jaya. Unsurprisingly, the brother uses the same noodle supplier and yes, his stall is called "Yap Kee" as well.

I wonder why are they not called Koo Kee since they are, you know, the Koos?

Anyway, Auntie Koo was there alone in the stall on the day of my visit. She was all smiles and I ordered the large serving of the wanton noodle ($3.50/$4.50).

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,

I love how the the wanton noodle is served in a porcelain bowl instead of a plastic one. It just make the whole experience a bit more authentic. Since I ordered the big serving, there is a substantial mound of noodle accompanied by char siew and xiao bai cai.

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,

Initially, I thought that their char siew are the usual run-of-the-mill kind but this could not be further from the truth. Despite being quite lean, the texture is not dry but tender. Also, that sweet marinade and bits of fat on some slices of the char siew confirmed my suspicion that theirs is the roasted type.

Although not exceptional, it is good enough to please. I got to give them credit where credit is due for putting in the effort to roast their own char siew.

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,

When Auntie Koo put the bowl of soup on my tray, I almost let out a laugh at the sight of the four wantons in the tiny bowl because it certainly looked very crowded in there. No, I am not being mean; I really find the sight amusing because I have never seen such a small bowl of soup before.

She did asked is the soup enough for me but I replied that it is alright without knowing what I was about to miss out on.

After I took a sip, I instantly regretted my decision because the soup is not the tasteless kind that is simply hot water with pepper and spring onions! However, I am too shy to go back for seconds. Sigh, introvert problems!

I wonder if she is going to give me a bigger bowl if I had said no earlier?

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,

They specially sourced their noodle from Johor. What makes their noodle so unique is that it is made with only eggs and high gluten flour without a single drop of water.

Indeed, the springy noodle boasts a crunchy texture with a unmistakable eggy fragrance.

This is a delightful bowl of wanton noodle with every aspect made rightNow, I am excited to try their dumpling noodle ($4.50/$5.50) and shredded chicken hor fun ($3/$4).

葉记全蛋云吞面,云吞面,雲吞麵,yap kee wanton noodle,holland drive market & food centre,singapore,wanton mee,food review,葉记,blk 44 holland drive,


YAP KEE WANTON NOODLES 葉记全蛋云吞面
Holland Drive Market & Food Centre
Blk 44 Holland Drive
#02-04
Singapore 270044

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 6am - 2pm

Website: https://www.facebook.com/YapKeeNoodles/

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/PPRKV6vGfFb3wL2P6


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach