Eng Huat Fishball Mee @ Havelock Road Cook Food Centre

fish ball noodle,singapore,havelock road cooked food centre,food review,havelock road,eng huat fishball mee,永發魚圆面,blk 22a havelock road,

This visit to Havelock Road Cooked Food Centre is to try the fishball noodles at Eng Huat Fishball Mee.

When I arrived at the food centre, there are only four persons in front of the stall. I joined the queue totally unprepared for the long wait.

I turned to look inside the stall and I saw the uncle taking order, cooking, collecting payment, slicing fish cakes, washing, chopping spring onions all at the same time with no helper. 

It is a one-man show. That explains the slow moving queue!
.
fish ball noodle,singapore,havelock road cooked food centre,food review,havelock road,eng huat fishball mee,永發魚圆面,blk 22a havelock road,

When it eventually reached my turn, I ordered a bowl of fishball mee pok ($3/$4). It was around 10 plus in the morning and the stall have already run out of the flat noodles. I am fortunate to have the last bowl but those after me had to opt for other types of noodle. Even the last few pieces of cut chili padi were taken by me.

fish ball noodle,singapore,havelock road cooked food centre,food review,havelock road,eng huat fishball mee,永發魚圆面,blk 22a havelock road,

The chili sauce that was splashed on top of the mee pok seemed very promising. I gave everything a thorough toss and took a bite. However, the chili tastes quite flat and is not spicy at all.

Also, the mee pok is very dry. So dry, I have to keep on adding soup as I eat.

It seems the only saving grace is the fish cake which is supple and fresh. I understand the uncle handmade them at the stall every day.

Up till now, I wonder have you noticed anything amiss? There are NO fishballs in my fishball mee pok. I am not sure if the uncle has forgotten to include them in my bowl or perhaps run out of it though he did not inform me about it.

I myself did not realize about the missing fish balls until I reviewed the photos at home. 😅😅😅

For $4, the portion of the mee pok and fish cake is so generous I could not finish it. The $3 portion should suffice for a lady or if you are not too big a eater.

fish ball noodle,singapore,havelock road cooked food centre,food review,havelock road,eng huat fishball mee,永發魚圆面,blk 22a havelock road,

Although I find the tossing sauce lacked oomph and does not really appeal to me, I cannot deny that the fishball noodle here is value for money.

fish ball noodle,singapore,havelock road cooked food centre,food review,havelock road,eng huat fishball mee,永發魚圆面,blk 22a havelock road,


ENG HUAT FISHBALL MEE 永發魚圆面
Havelock Road Cooked Food Centre
Blk 22A Havelock Road
#01-26
Singapore 161022

Business Hours
Mon - Fri: 6.30am - 9am, 11am - 1pm
Closed: Sun/Sun

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/vpKu1go7fdM2


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach