Wen Guang Handmade Fish Ball Noodle @ Blk 505 Jurong West Food Centre

fish ball noodle,singapore,鱼丸面,food review,jurong west 505 market & food centre,wen guang,文光,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,blk 505 jurong west street 52,

I have blogged about some of the hawker stalls at Blk 505 Jurong West Market & Food Centre a couple of times before like Soh Kee, Long Kee and Kok Kee (yes, that Kok Kee of Lavender fame).

I come to this food centre for breakfast every couple of months and I always stick to the same food choices out of habit.

During this visit, I decide to try a stall which always have a queue whenever I walked past it.

The stall in question does not have a English name on the signboard except for the Chinese characters 文光 (Wen Guang) on it.

This is actually a fish ball noodle stall and their selling point is their handmade fish balls which they got from a certain fishery called da di meng (大弟明).

fish ball noodle,singapore,鱼丸面,food review,jurong west 505 market & food centre,wen guang,文光,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,blk 505 jurong west street 52,

From the signboard, they offer kway teow soup, mee pok dry and mee kia dry. They also have fish dumpling soup, fish ball soup and meat ball soup. Prices range from $3 - $5.

The queue is fast moving so it did not take very long for me to reach the front. I ordered the $4 bowl of mee pok dry and it was ready in under 5 minutes.

As it is my first time ordering from this stall, I am rather surprised by the generous amount of mee pok in my bowl. Not only that, the fish balls are also more than what I expected.

Seriously, the portion is good enough for two to share.

The fish balls were served in a big bowl of soup. I counted five fish balls, two meat balls with mixed veg and some slices of fish cake. The fish balls though soft and bouncy, were not particularly tasty to me. The same goes for the meat balls which were larger and with a bit more bite.

fish ball noodle,singapore,鱼丸面,food review,jurong west 505 market & food centre,wen guang,文光,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,blk 505 jurong west street 52,

As for the mee pok, it is a tad over done but I am impressed with the robust chili sauce, vinegar, and lard concoction.

I feel that there is not enough sauce to go around for the amount of mee pok given. By the time I am half way through with the noodle, the sauce have already dried up. The latter portion of the mee pok became so dry I have to keep adding soup for moisture but that actually diluted the flavors.



Despite the mee pok being too dry and the fish balls not very memorable so to speak, it is still value for money because it can keep you really full. In fact, I could not finish my food so I packed the remainder home. Can eat, don't waste lah.

Next time, I will consider the $3 portion or request for more sauce if I have the $4 one. I wonder how many people actually order the $5 bowl? Must be super duper hungry to do so...

fish ball noodle,singapore,鱼丸面,food review,jurong west 505 market & food centre,wen guang,文光,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,blk 505 jurong west street 52,


WEN GUANG HANDMADE FISHBALL NOODLE 文光自制鱼丸面
Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre
Blk 505 Jurong West Street 52
#01-25
Singapore 640505

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 8am - 8pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach