Afandi Hawa & Family - Mee Rebus @ Haig Road Market & Food Centre

afandi hawa & family,haig road,singapore,food review,haig road market & food centre,mee rebus,mutton mee rebus,14 haig road,

I am not too big a fan of mee rebus but when I heard that this particular stall at Haig Road Market & Food Centre cooked theirs with shrimps, flower crab and mutton, I am all game to give it a try!

I do not eat mee rebus often, hence I am uncertain if this is the usual way of how the dish is normally prepared but I can imagine the umami-ness coming from all that ingredients!

While I understand the shrimps, flower crab and mutton may be used to flavor the gravy and that they might not really give it to you without additional top-up, I still gave my noodles a thorough toss with hopes of finding a stray piece of mutton.

afandi hawa & family,haig road,singapore,food review,haig road market & food centre,mee rebus,mutton mee rebus,14 haig road,

Unsurprisingly, I did not find anything else apart from the usual yellow noodles, bean sprouts, hard boiled egg, fried shallots, green chili and lime. A plate of Mee Rebus is after all, $3.

However, I am amazed by the viscosity of the gravy which is rich and smooth but not lumpy. I trust that they thickened the gravy with sweet potato puree rather with potato starch.

If you compare this mee rebus to the one from my hood, you will see there is a whole lot of difference just in the gravy alone.

Taste wise, this mee rebus is a complex flavors of sweet (yet not too sweet) and savory.

afandi hawa & family,haig road,singapore,food review,haig road market & food centre,mee rebus,mutton mee rebus,14 haig road,

Despite not finding any unusual ingredients, I have no regrets because this mee rebus is in a league of its own. No other mee rebus can even come close to this!

Until I could find the next stall that can outdo them, Afandi Hawa & Family Mee Rebus shall top my list as the number one mee rebus in Singapore.

afandi hawa & family,haig road,singapore,food review,haig road market & food centre,mee rebus,mutton mee rebus,14 haig road,

1945, afandi hawa & family, food, food review, haig road, haig road market & food centre, mee rebus, mutton mee rebus, review, singapore,  fandi mona


AFANDI HAWA & FAMILY MEE REBUS
Haig Road Market & Food Centre
14 Haig Road
#01-21
Singapore 199583

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 10.30am - 9.30pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/F5MvJgDGMx72


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach