Teochew Fish Ball Noodle @ Blk 462 Crawford Lane

singapore,潮州魚圓粿條麵,food review,blk 462 crawford lane,teochew fish ball noodle,teochew mee pok,魚圓麵,wiseng food place

Update: Teochew Fish Ball Noodle has permanently closed.

There are two very popular noodle stalls at Crawford Lane and people tend to compare the two together although they are starkly different.

One of them is the famous 1-Star Michelin Tai Hwa Pork Noodle at Blk 466 while the other one is this Teochew Fish Ball Noodle located at Blk 462.

Tai Hwa specializes in pork noodle aka bak chor mee (minced meat noodle) while the other one - the one in this post - sells fish ball noodle even though both contains somewhat similar ingredients like bak chor, meat ball and pork slices.

singapore,潮州魚圓粿條麵,food review,blk 462 crawford lane,teochew fish ball noodle,teochew mee pok,魚圓麵,wiseng food place

On the day of my visit, there is a short queue of three persons in front of me. When it is my turn, I wanted to order the $3 bowl but I guess the auntie did not hear me and gave me the $4 portion instead.

Before handing the tray over to me, she topped my bowl of noodle with chopped spring onions, fried garlic and crispy pork lard.

As I turn around to find myself a table, I realized a snaking queue has quietly formed behind me, stretching all the way out of the coffee shop.

I picked a table near the stall where I observed that they are the only stall in the coffee shop with a queue.

I gave my noodles a stir, and everything in the bowl were covered in a thick coat of sauce and chili oil which felt a little too heavy for me. I had to add in some soup to dilute it a little.

The rest of the ingredients like fish balls, meat balls, and fish cake are actually quite generic.

But on the whole, the bowl of noodle is still very good. The springy noodle coated with the piquant chili sauce together with the fried garlic smells amazing. And the crispy pork lard is that cherry on top of the icing!

I just have to remember to ask them to go easy on the oil next time. The portion of the noodle is actually quite big for me. I could barely finish it.

singapore,潮州魚圓粿條麵,food review,blk 462 crawford lane,teochew fish ball noodle,teochew mee pok,魚圓麵,wiseng food place

What is Teochew noodle without the orange-colored fish cake? It is quite rare to find this fish cake already. The only other place I know that serve this orange-colored fish cake is the stall at Tiong Bahru Market which, coincidentally, had a similar English stall name!

singapore,潮州魚圓粿條麵,food review,blk 462 crawford lane,teochew fish ball noodle,teochew mee pok,魚圓麵,wiseng food place

From what I found out, the elderly couple running the stall had close to 60 years of experience behind them however, during my visit, it was a younger man behind the stove. I am not sure if the young protégé is their second generation or someone they hired?

Nevertheless, I wish there is someone to take over the stall to let the legacy carry on.

singapore,潮州魚圓粿條麵,food review,blk 462 crawford lane,teochew fish ball noodle,teochew mee pok,魚圓麵,wiseng food place


TEOCHEW FISH BALL NOODLE 潮州魚圓粿條麵
Wiseng Food Place
Blk 462 Crawford Lane
Singapore 190462

Business Hours
Mon - Sat: 8am - 3pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/JSozynWuDGA2


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach