Spinach & Soup @ Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,spinach soup,spinach & soup,

I have just stepped into Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre when the skies opened up and a torrent of rain poured down with a roar behind me. Any second later and I would have been drenched from head to toe.

Well, it seems like the perfect morning to have a bowl of soup then. To be precise, let's have spinach soup.

The stall I am visiting is called Spinach & Soup and they have two sets for you to choose from.

Set A comes with spinach, minced pork, prawn, mushroom and wolfberry (goji berry) while Set B had spinach, minced pork, mushroom, wolfberry, century egg and salted egg.

They have recently added a new Set C to the menu which includes spinach, lobster ball, fish tofu, mushroom and wolfberry.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,spinach soup,spinach & soup,

Choices of carbs (50¢ - $1) to go with your soup include the likes of macaroni, white rice, thin bee hoon (rice vermicelli), thick bee hoon and brown rice.

You can also add on an egg, century egg, salted egg, minced pork and prawns for 50¢ to $2 extra.

I opted for Set B and added on macaroni.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,spinach soup,spinach & soup,

My bowl of spinach soup came with a generous serving of spinach. In fact, the amount of vegetable in the bowl is more than what I had consumed for that entire week!

I took a sip of the soup which I find very light. I thought that the brine from the salted egg would balance things off but to my surprise, the salted egg is not that salty at all.

I had to add in some light soy and cut chili padi to excite my tastebuds.

This dish reminds me of the three egg spinach soup normally found in tze char (stir-fry) stalls except that this is a watered-down version.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,spinach soup,spinach & soup,

This is actually a good option for those who wanted a healthy and guilt-free meal that is low in sodium and oil however, I would appreciate a little more flavor in my soup please.

singapore,tanjong pagar plaza market & food centre,food review,blk 6 tanjong pagar plaza,spinach soup,spinach & soup,


SPINACH & SOUP
Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre
Blk 6 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#02-34
Singapore 081006

Business Hours
Mon - Sat: 11am - 8pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/21MqfAgKP4C2


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach