Ye Lai Xiang Laksa - Prawn Noodle @ Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre

ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,

If you have been researching for food recommendations at Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre, chances are, you will see one particular name keep turning up in your search.

As I was about to find out, this stall called Ye Lai Xiang Laksa is one of the more popular stalls here with a constant queue. I observed that customers just keep coming the entire time I was sitting there in front of the stall, however, the staff clears the line efficiently.

I think the auntie would make a pro at playing Cooking Mama.

The stall serves laksa, lor mee and prawn noodle at two prices: $4.50 for regular and $5.50 for large.

Although laksa is their signature dish, I decided to try the dry prawn noodle instead hence I ordered the large bowl.

ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,

I am not gonna lie but as I watched the auntie place my bowl onto the tray, my jaw dropped. The portion of the noodle here is literally double compared to the one from my neighborhood!

I walked off with my order, trying to make sense of everything when I heard the auntie calling me from behind. In my haste, I had forgotten about the bowl of prawn soup that come with my dry noodle. 
 
ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,

Ingredients in the bowl include the standard toppings such as prawns, pork, fish cake and bean sprouts. 

Garnished on top were spring onions and fried shallots.

The three whole prawns have been deshelled except for the tail. Honestly, I prefer my prawns whole rather than halved as the whole point of having the crustacean is enjoying the bite. It might not be deveined but out of sight out of mind. Just eat and do not think about it.

Another one of my favorite thing to have in prawn noodle is the tender sliced pork. I do not mind exchanging halved prawns for more sliced pork if they would allow me to!

ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,

The prawn broth is quite gao (concentrated), bursting with briny flavors.

Only thing is, it turned cold fast probably due to the many huge ceiling fans installed around the hawker centre.

I am not sure if they offer free soup refills but it would be nice if they do (I did not ask). 

Admittedly, I felt a little jelak as I did not expect the portion of the yellow noodle to be this much. I will probably ask for a mixture of yellow noodle and bee hoon (rice vermicelli) during my next visit. 

Yes, I actually do not mind coming all the way down for another bowl of Ye Lai Xiang prawn noodle again.

ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,

The thing about Marsiling Mall is that it is not very accessible to get to although it is only one bus stop distance away from the temporary Woodlands bus interchange.

The hawker centre is located on the ground level of Marsiling Mall. My observation is that it can get pretty warm and stuffy in there as the ceiling fan circulates the hot air repeatedly. Also, the dim lighting just does not seem very welcoming. I prefer the row of tables facing the main road as ventilation is better there.

The shops and supermarket can be found on the second level whereas the third level and above is the multi-storey car park.

ye lai xiang laksa,夜來香叻沙,singapore,food review,prawn noodle,prawn mee,laksa,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,


YE LAI XIANG LAKSA 夜來香叻沙
Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre
4 Woodlands Street 12
#01-73
Singapore 738623

Business Hours
Fri - Wed: 7.30am - 3pm
Closed: Thu



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach