Quan Long Wanton Noodle @ Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre

singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,

Within the past two weeks, I have been to Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre three times for this Quan Long Wanton Noodle however, I have no luck with it as the stall is close each time I am there.

I wanted to try this stall so much because of its glowing reviews. According to Google, they open everyday so it seems like they might have closed for good?

On the fourth visit, I still harbor a glimmer of hope that the stall is still in business but I am also mentally prepared to try something else just like the previous three visits. 

Imagine my joy when I saw the shutter up with a line in front of the stall. I joined the queue eagerly.

singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,

Apart from wanton noodle, the stall also serve fried chicken noodle, lor mee, mushroom soft bone noodle, prawn dumpling noodle and chicken slice hor fun.

Actually, my original plan was to try the wanton noodle but seeing the char siu in the window, I have a feeling that I will not like it so I was contemplating whether to have the prawn dumpling noodle instead?

However, everyone in front of me left the queue with at least one plate of wanton noodle ($5). Surely, so many people cannot be wrong? I decided to follow suit. 

I understand from earlier reviews that the pricing two years ago is $3.50 up till $4.50 just last September. And now? 

It is a whopping $5.
 
singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,

My plate of wanton noodle come with a mound of noodle topped with slices of char siu, one piece of fried wanton skin and pickled green chili.

There were two boiled wantons in the bowl of soup served on the side.

Now, if only I had listened to the voices in my head and opted for the prawn dumpling noodle. The char siu were indeed not to my liking as they were too lean and a little tough.

Also, the noodles were tossed in a dark sauce which is far too sweet for me. Even though I asked for more sambal, it was completely overshadowed by the dark sauce.

The noodle had a pretty good texture though - springy with a gummy mouthfeel.

singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,

The boiled wanton skin is silky smooth while the pork fillings wrapped within were not excessively seasoned which I like.

On the whole, I find this wanton noodle falls short of my expectation. Not that it is bad but it is not the style that appeals to me especially the lean char siu and dark sauce. 

However, do not take my word for it and go try for yourself please.

The wanton noodle do have its merit and loyal followers who swear by it as proven by its stellar 3.9 Google rating.

singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,

The thing about Marsiling Mall is that it is not very accessible to get to although it is only one bus stop distance away from the temporary Woodlands bus interchange.

The hawker centre is located on the ground level of Marsiling Mall. My observation is that it can get pretty warm and stuffy in there as the ceiling fan circulates the hot air repeatedly. Also, the dim lighting just does not seem very welcoming. I prefer the row of tables facing the main road as ventilation is better there.

The shops and supermarket can be found on the second level whereas the third level and above is the multi-storey car park.

singapore,wanton mee,food review,全隆雲吞麵,quan long wanton noodle,marsiling mall hawker centre,4 woodlands street 12,food centre,云吞面,馄饨面,雲吞麵,


QUAN LONG WANTON MEE 全隆雲吞麵
Marsiling Mall Hawker Centre
4 Woodlands Street 12
#01-65
Singapore 738623

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 7am - 1pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach