Amoy Street Lor Mee @ Senja Hawker Centre

singapore,food review,amoy street lor mee,senja hawker centre,2 senja close,lor mee,

Bukit Panjang welcomed its second hawker centre - Senja Hawker Center six months ago on 11th December 2022. 

With 28 food stalls and 580 seats, the hawker centre features a rooftop garden and a underground car park. Due to the high ceiling and numerous huge fans, the place is kept well-ventilated. Illumination is also optimal.

The tables are comfortably spaced apart due to the huge size area. In fact, it has the potential to add a lot more tables to fully utilize the space if needed. 

I actually visited the new hawker centre twice in January this year when they had just opened for a month. Understandably, the place was packed and those who knew me, knows that I hate crowded places. I left without having anything but I made a mental note of the stalls to try.

singapore,food review,amoy street lor mee,senja hawker centre,2 senja close,lor mee,

Amoy Street Lor Mee is one of the stalls that caught my eye but during both my earlier visits, their opening promotion of $2 for a bowl of lor mee (usual price $3.20) attracted a line of more than twenty people deep.

At my third visit this round, there is surprisingly no queue at all and I was able to place my order for the $3.20 bowl immediately. I arrived at the same timing of 11am for all three visits so it is not a off-peak hour thing. I wonder why the queue is gone now?

Anyway, the staff is quick with his hands. From blanching the noodle to assembling the ingredients in the bowl, all it took was less than 30 seconds. I do not even have time to whip out my camera for a sneak photo and my order is already done.

singapore,food review,amoy street lor mee,senja hawker centre,2 senja close,lor mee,

Condiments such as cut red chili, sambal chili, grated garlic, coriander and a bottle of black vinegar are all placed in front of the stall which I could help myself to. 

My $3.20 bowl come with flat Hokkien noodle, bean sprouts, sliced pork belly and some fried battered stuff. To be honest, I cannot tell what the fried stuff are. I only found out through Google that they might be prawn roll and batang fish. 

singapore,food review,amoy street lor mee,senja hawker centre,2 senja close,lor mee,

The consistency of the lor is thick yet not too starchy. Seems like the cornstarch is stirred pretty well without any lumps.

Tastewise, it is flavorful though some may find it on the saltier side. Fortunately, the coriander I added helps to cut through the richness. 

singapore,food review,amoy street lor mee,senja hawker centre,2 senja close,lor mee,


AMOY STREET LOR MEE 厦门街卤面
Senja Hawker Centre
2 Senja Close
#02-01
Singapore 677632

Business Hours
Sun - Fri: 9.30am - 5.45pm
Sat: 9.30am - 5pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach