Super Shiok Nasi Lemak @ Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,

During my previous visit to Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre, this stall named Super Shiok Nasi Lemak located beside Heng Ji Chicken Rice caught my attention when I saw several young Muslim ladies in hijab queuing for its nasi lemak.

Judging by their DSLRs, heavy makeup and big sunglasses, my guess is that they are probably tourists.

At that time, the operators inside the stall were Chinese therefore, it aroused my curiosity. I did not see any halal cert displayed although it is stated on the signboard that they uses halal ingredients.

Fast forward to this visit, I still did not see any halal certification but the people inside the stall now is a Malay guy and a older lady wearing the hijab.

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,

You can pick your nasi lemak ingredients ala carte but I decided to go for Set #1 consisting of a fried chicken wing, a slice of omelette, ikan bilis, peanuts, cucumber and sambal with rice.

They used the basmati rice which feels light on the palette and separates easily without clumping. However, I find the fragrance of pandan leaves and coconut milk on the weaker side. It would be more shiok if the aromatics can be more pronounced.

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,

The well-marinated fried chicken wing is flavorful with hints of turmeric. It is not too salty yet tasty enough to please.

Only thing is, it is cold with the batter turning soft which is a little upsetting to me.

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,

When it comes to nasi lemak, I prefer the triangular omelette more than sunny side-ups.

I am delighted that what they serve here is not just a plain omelette but with onions in it.

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,

I am not a fan of fried peanuts so I am glad there is just a negligible amount of it on my plate. Although the portion of the ikan bilis is not a lot as well, there is just enough to last the entire meal.

As for the sambal chili, it is mildly spicy yet not too sweet. I prefer it to be sweeter though.

For the portion, this nasi lemak is incredibly value for money at $3.20 if you are not too fussy. I believe at one point, it costs $2.80 only before the price increase.

singapore,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,super shiok nasi lemak,hawker centre,335 smith street,


SUPER SHIOK NASI LEMAK
Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre
335 Smith Street
#02-132
Singapore 050335

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 7am - 7pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach