Gimee Face Noodle House @ Blk 371 Bukit Batok Street 31

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,gimee face noodle house,给面子,hawker,bak chor mee,

I have not been to this coffee shop at Blk 371 Bukit Batok Street 31 for the last three years since the beginning of the pandemic.

When I finally paid a visit this week, I was surprised to learn that a new noodle stall named Gimee Face Noodle House have taken up space here.

I have heard of the branding before which is a chain co-owned by Tenderfresh’s COO Kelvin Chua and Bakerzin's Daniel Tay.

Stepping foot into the coffee shop, it is not difficult to spot the stall with its eye-catching signboard and impressive menu:

01) Original Pork Noodle ($4.30)
02) Abalone Pork Noodle
03) Spicy Volcano Mee Kia Soup ($7.30)
04) Longevity Mee Sua Dry ($5.30)
05) Mala Spicy Pork Noodle ($5.30)
06) Teochew Fish Ball Noodle ($5.30)
07a) Fragrant Laksa
07b) Fragrant Seafood Laksa
08) Braised Pork Rib Noodle
09) Silky Pork Liver Noodle ($4.30)
10) Fish Ball Kway Teow Soup ($4.30)
11) Homemade Pork Ball Soup ($4.50)
12) Bouncy Fish Ball Soup ($4.30)
13) Heibee Hiam Pork Liver ($4.30)
14) Heibee Hiam Duo Ball ($5.30)

I discovered that menu items #2, #7 and #8 are missing from the signboard. I compared the menu against the one on their Facebook and realized that, perhaps, they do not serve those here at this outlet. 

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,给面子,hawker,gimee face noodle house,bak chor mee,

Being a purist, I decided to have the original pork noodle or what is more commonly known as the bak chor mee (minced meat noodle).

With no queue in sight, I was able to place my order which did not take long to be ready. 

Served in a pretty ramen-ish bowl is a mound of mee pok topped with an assortment of ingredients such as Chinese mushrooms, button mushrooms, minced pork, pork slices, pig's liver and pork ball. 

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,给面子,hawker,gimee face noodle house,bak chor mee,

The portion is reasonable for the price although I could do with a bit more mee pok

The pork ingredients were good although the pork ball which seems homemade, felt a little too mushy.

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,给面子,hawker,gimee face noodle house,bak chor mee,

The bowl of soup is sweet tasting however, it is unclear if it is due to the MSG or pork essence.

I finished every drop anyway.

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,给面子,hawker,gimee face noodle house,bak chor mee,

Usually when I visit a noodle stall for the first time, I will not customize the concoction of sauces as I wanted to find out how the default is like. It will determine how I place my order subsequently.

After giving the mee pok a good tossing, I find the bowl a little dry. It tasted fine actually but I like my noodles saucy so, I scooped some soup in. Unfortunately, that compromised the flavors and I had to add in the soy sauce and chili padi.

Now that I know, I will request for more chili sauce and vinegar next time.

singapore,blk 371 bukit batok street 31,food review,minced meat noodle,给面子,hawker,gimee face noodle house,bak chor mee,


GIMEE FACE NOODLE HOUSE 给面子
Sin Huat Lee Restaurant
Blk 371 Bukit Batok Street 31
Singapore 650371

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 7am - 9pm




Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach