Sky Bluez - Masala Dosa @ 210 Choa Chu Kang Ave 1

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,डोसा

A week ago, I was having my mee hoon kueh at 216 Coffee Shop along 216 Choa Chu Kang Ave 1 when I noticed this Indian Muslim eatery next door called Sky Bluez Food Hub Pte Ltd.

In my mind, I was already making plans to return the following week to try their pratas. 

Fast forward a week later, I set off from home and reached my destination at around 7am.

There was just one customer before me and the moment he left, I made an order for a egg prata and a plain one. Unfortunately, the staff told me that prata is unavailable.

I do not get it. How could a prata place not have any pratas at 7am? Is that not a staple for any Indian food establishment worth their salt? Puzzled, I asked what do they have then?

He took a look at the sauces and replied, "Dosa".

"I will have the masala dosai then".

He gave me a nod and proceeded to the back of the empty kitchen.

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,डोसा

My dosa is served on a metal plate with three accompanying sauces: coconut chutney, dhal and one more unidentified sauce that happened to be my favorite due to its spicy kick.

The dosa could have spend a little longer time on the griddle for more crisp around the edges the way I like it. Folded over with chunks of spiced potato within, it is a little plump in the middle. 

One thing I like about this is that everything on the plate from the dosa to the potato fillings and various sauces are all served hot. Somehow, the fermented smell of the rice batter is not that prominent. Not that I mind it one bit. In fact, I like that natural fermentation smell.

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,डोसा

Oddly, 216 Coffee Shop next door is already filling up with customers but it is quite the opposite situation at Sky Bluez for I am the one and only customer here.

It is my first time here therefore I am not too sure how things work around here. Have I come too early?

They appeared to be unprepared for business that I wonder if I add a teh tarik to my order, will I further aggravate their burden which is already splitting at the seams? I gave up the idea.

As I was waiting for my order, I browsed through the menu plastered on the wall. Strangely, they do have pratas of all kinds listed yet it is not available for ordering at 7am.

According to their Google profile, they opened for business at 6am. I know information on Google can sometimes be inaccurate or not up to date but it is not helpful that they do not have a website or Facebook for customers to seek information.

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,डोसा

The brightly lit eatery is spacious and the environment looks clean though I prefer sitting at the tables outside along the five-foot way.

I hope to return soon to try their egg prata with fish curry and perhaps a glass of teh tarik. Hopefully, they could iron out their issues by then.

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,डोसा

The coffee shop is located along this stretch of shop houses along Choa Chu Kang Ave 1. There is something rustic about this place that is reminiscent of my pre-Covid19 day trips to the dai pai dong of Malaysia.

The awning is a permanent structure to shield patrons from the elements. If not for that, this would truly be an al fresco dai pai dong experience in Singapore.

singapore,sky bluez,egg prata,food review,review,fish curry,food,roti prata,210 choa chu kang ave 1,masala thosai,masala dosai,thosai,dosai,indian muslim,indian muslim food,halal,halal food,डोसा


SKY BLUEZ FOOD HUB PTE LTD
Comfort Garden
210 Choa Chu Kang Ave 1
Singapore 689474

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 6am - 11.30am



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach