Du Du Shou Shi - @ Blk 505 Jurong West Market & Food Centre

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52

I have walked past Du Du Shou Shi at Blk 505 Jurong West Market & Food Centre numerous times before but this is my first time patronizing them.

It used to be a noodle stall by day and a tutu kueh stall by night. However, when I visited the stall this morning, it has fully transformed into a tutu kueh stall. Any signs of it being a noodle stall in the past is no longer apparent.

And taking helm at the stall front now is a younger man instead of the usual elderly uncle.

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52

Tutu kueh usually come in just one standard size but over here at Du Du Shou Shi, two sizes are available: small (4 pieces for $2) and big ($1 per piece). Out of curiosity, I ordered both for a size comparison.

The young man immediately get to work, filling the tutu mould with rice flour and steaming them on the spot.

I did not specify the filling I wanted nor did he asked. In fact, I did not see any options of flavors available anywhere on the stall façade.

I got coconut fillings for all.

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52

It did not take long for my order to be ready. The piping hot tutus were then placed in a plastic bag and handed over to me.

Being the delicate kueh they are, I was careful not to swing the bag too much. They pretty much survived the two bus rides back home though a little condensation due to the steam is inevitable.

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52

The aroma of pandan wafted to my nose as I try to ease the tutu out of the bag as gently as I could.

I find the larger tutu a tad uglier than the smaller ones without the nice imprints from the mould. Despite the differences in size and appearance, they tasted pretty much the same.

I like the mouthfeel of the well-compacted rice flour disintegrating in my mouth,  while releasing the flavor of the sweetened desiccated coconut within.

To be honest, tutus are such tasty little morsels that one is never enough!

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52

du du shou shi,tutu kueh,singapore,food review,food,review,blk 505 jurong west market & food centre,giant tutu kueh,嘟嘟熟食,blk 505 jurong west street 52


DU DU SHOU SHI 嘟嘟熟食
Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre
Blk 505 Jurong West Street 52 
#01-19 
Singapore 640505

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 9am - 5pm



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach