Hammee's Fried Chicken Burger @ Commonwealth Crescent Market & Food Centre

singapore,fried chicken burger,hammee's,food review,commonwealth crescent market & food centre,beef cheeseburger,blk 31 commonwealth crescent,

This week, I decided to check out Commonwealth Crescent Market & Food Centre because there is a new hipster burger joint that I wanted to try. I like hipster joints like this because they offer artisanal burgers at food centre prices. What's not to like?

I believe you should have seen them on social media by now. Yes, I am talking about Hammee's who opened their stall at the food centre above the market six months ago.

Previously selling seafood white bee hoon, the young couple made a complete switch-over to selling handcrafted burgers. There are currently three offerings on their menu: Premium Beef Cheeseburger ($8), Classic Beef Cheeseburger ($6) and Fried Chicken Burger ($5.50).

All the burgers come included with shoestring fries. I decided to go for the fried chicken burger which is available in either original or spicy. As the burgers are only made upon order, I was told to pick mine up in ten minutes.

singapore,fried chicken burger,hammee's,food review,commonwealth crescent market & food centre,beef cheeseburger,blk 31 commonwealth crescent,

I was five minutes late in picking up my burger but thankfully, the fries are still warm and crisp. I like that the fries are just lightly salted.

I finished up all the fries before starting on my burger. It is just a habit of mine to leave the burger for the last when having fast food. 

singapore,fried chicken burger,hammee's,food review,commonwealth crescent market & food centre,beef cheeseburger,blk 31 commonwealth crescent,

The buns have been toasted till the edges are a little crisp yet the inside remains soft and squishy. I find the bun so pretty I do not wish to leave any 'potholes' on it by pressing too hard.

singapore,fried chicken burger,hammee's,food review,commonwealth crescent market & food centre,beef cheeseburger,blk 31 commonwealth crescent,

Although the chicken thigh in between the buns were deep fried, it does not feel too oily to me. Perhaps the homemade slaw and burger sauce helped to cut through the greasiness.

As I sink my teeth into the chicken, there is a crunch followed by the burst of flavors from within.

According to their FB, their chicken are brined and marinated in a unique blend of spices overnight to achieve maximum flavor. Also, because I opt for the spicy version, there is a slight heat to it.

At $5.50, the fried chicken burger is worth every penny given its quality and this make me very curious about their cheeseburger.

Well, there is only one way to find out!

singapore,fried chicken burger,hammee's,food review,commonwealth crescent market & food centre,beef cheeseburger,blk 31 commonwealth crescent,


HAMMEE'S
Commonwealth Crescent Market & Food Centre
Blk 31 Commonwealth Crescent
#02-93
Singapore 1410019644

Business Hours
Tue - Sun: 11am - 5pm
Closed: Mon

Website: https://www.facebook.com/hammees93

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mWWCQdzi2XB4Aa3H9


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach