Ruyi Yuan Vegetarian Bee Hoon @ Blk 46-1 Tanglin Halt

素食,singapore,food review,tanglin halt,如意园素食,vegetarian,ruyi yuan,ruyi yuan vegetarian,blk 46-1 tanglin halt road

Update: Ruyi Yuan Vegetarian has relocated. The new address has been updated at the bottom of this post.

Ruyi Yuan Vegetarian is well-known for her snaking queue which can extend all the way out of the coffeeshop. I decided to visit the stall at 6.30am on a Saturday morning to avoid the crowd because with lesser people around, I feel less stressful about taking photos.

When I arrived, there is no line at all. I marched right up to the stall and ordered two sets; one to have there and one for takeaway.

Over here, you have the option to add "lor" (gravy) to your bee hoon. I love having lor in my bee hoon but not many places offer this. I am grateful this is one of the very few places that did. For the takeaway pack, the lady even gave me a big packet of lor packed separately.

素食,singapore,food review,tanglin halt,如意园素食,vegetarian,ruyi yuan,ruyi yuan vegetarian,blk 46-1 tanglin halt road 

I could not resist and added a freshly fried spring roll to both orders. The spring roll is a dollar each while the fried bee hoon costs $3 a plate.

What makes Ruyi Yuan Vegetarian really stand out is their zai er (mock goose) which is very different from those found elsewhere. Unlike the usual squares of flat and crispy zai er, theirs is "meaty" with several layers of tofu skin in between.

素食,singapore,food review,tanglin halt,如意园素食,vegetarian,ruyi yuan,ruyi yuan vegetarian,blk 46-1 tanglin halt road

Apart from the zai er, other ingredients included french beans, zai ya (mock duck) and tofu. The portion is generous and I find myself struggling to finish the last few morsels.

I brought the takeaway pack back home for Mum's breakfast. Upon opening the styrofoam box, I was dismayed to find the portion of the bee hoon and ingredients significantly lesser than what I have had at the coffeeshop. I think it is much more economical to eat there than to takeaway.

素食,singapore,food review,tanglin halt,如意园素食,vegetarian,ruyi yuan,ruyi yuan vegetarian,blk 46-1 tanglin halt road


RUYI YUAN VEGETARIAN  如意园素食
Ben Sin Eating House
Blk 46-1 Tanglin Halt Road
#01-159
Singapore 142046

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 6am - 11am
Closed: Wed

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/2RHWtYkGxkiWbQFV7

🠟🠟🠟NEW ADDRESS🠟🠟🠟
RUYI YUAN VEGETARIAN  如意园素食
Margaret Drive Hawker Centre
38A Margaret Drive
#02-36
Singapore 142038

Business Hours
Thu - Tue: 6am - 10.30am
Closed: Wed

Google Map: https://maps.app.goo.gl/zcSUoBEfhE6TqoyV7


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach