Tanglin Halt Roti Prata @ Blk 49 Tanglin Halt

singapore,food review,tanglin halt,tanglin halt roti prata,roti prata,peking room,blk 49 tanglin halt road

What caught my attention at this prata stall was the coffeeshop's name "Peking Room" which sounded a lot more like a nightspot than a coffeeshop to me. The prata stall itself is called Tanglin Halt Roti Prata though part of its name was obscured by a piece of newspaper cutting.

When I arrived on a Saturday morning, the chilly breeze and crisp air makes it most comfortable to be seated on the outdoor alfresco area under the canopy. With no queue in sight, I approached the stall and ordered two plain pratas for myself.

There was already a stack of made-in-advanced pratas behind the glass window and the staff picked two pieces onto my plate. I requested for a saucer of fish curry to go with my breakfast.

singapore,food review,tanglin halt,tanglin halt roti prata,roti prata,peking room,blk 49 tanglin halt road

Although my pratas were made beforehand, they were still lukewarm, fortunately. As I positioned my fork and spoon on top of the prata ready to tear them apart, its exterior crackles under the pressure of my utensils. 



This is my first time having such crispy prata. My usual go-to pratas are of the doughy kind so this is something new to me.

When it comes to prata, I have always preferred fish curry as my dipping sauce for its tangy and spicier kick. Mutton curry is nice too and I do have it occasionally but I do not like the lentils (it's lentils, right?) in it very much.

singapore,food review,tanglin halt,tanglin halt roti prata,roti prata,peking room,blk 49 tanglin halt road


TANGLIN HALT ROTI PRATA
Peking Room
Blk 49 Tanglin Halt Road
#01-365
Singapore 142049

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 6am - 11am
Closed: Wed

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/bf8FsDLYRea823Bv7



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach