Feng Zhen Lor Mee @ Blk 787B Choa Chu Kang Drive

凤珍卤面,singapore,feng zhen lor mee,choa chu kang,food review,blk 787b choa chu kang drive,yew tee,lor mee,卤面

I have heard so much about the famous Feng Zhen Lor Mee at Taman Jurong but I have never gotten round to having a bowl of it as the location is rather out of the way.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that they have a second branch at Yew Tee which is so much nearer and convenient to me. Apparently from what I heard, the stall at Taman Jurong is run by the mother while the one at Yew Tee is run by the daughter.

My favorite lor mee is from Bukit Purmei Lor Mee at West Coast Drive but unfortunately, the stall has ceased operations due to the owner's declining health. Since then, I have been unable to find any lor mee that is worthy of its calories.

凤珍卤面,singapore,feng zhen lor mee,choa chu kang,food review,blk 787b choa chu kang drive,yew tee,lor mee,卤面

Feng Zhen Lor Mee is located inside the S-11 Coffeeshop at blk 787B (look out for the single-storey blue colored building) near Yew Tee MRT station. Four kinds of lor mee are available here: traditional ($3/$3.50), egg beancurd ($3/$3.50), fish jiao ($3/$3.50), and fish ($4/$5).

I ordered the $5 fish lor mee which comes with fried fish, pork balls, pork belly and half a braised egg. 

Actually, I was expecting shredded fish meat and not battered fried fish but nevertheless, the thin batter and flakey fish meat is fresh while the crispy handmade pork balls lend a welcoming crunch to the otherwise soft and gooey dish.

As I took a sip of the gravy, my eyes lit up instantly because I have not tasted such full-bodied gravy for a long time. Even the pork belly that is braised in the lor tastes exceptionally good having absorbed the flavors.

Those from my neighborhood are a far cry from this!

凤珍卤面,singapore,feng zhen lor mee,choa chu kang,food review,blk 787b choa chu kang drive,yew tee,lor mee,卤面

My mum had the $3 traditional lor mee and the portion is quite small. On the other hand, I feel quite full with my $5 fish lor mee. Do take note, however, of the different pricing between the various lor mee.

I am now so happy to declare that I have finally found the next best lor mee after the Bukit Purmei one!

凤珍卤面,singapore,feng zhen lor mee,choa chu kang,food review,blk 787b choa chu kang drive,yew tee,lor mee,卤面


FENG ZHEN LOR MEE 凤珍卤面
Blk 787B Choa Chu Kang Drive
#01-241
Singapore 682787

Business Hours
Tue - Sun: 6.30am - 2pm
Closed: Mon

GPS Coordinates: 1.3954064,103.7453406


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach