JJ Sarawak Noodle @ Blk 504 Jurong West Street 51

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面

Update: JJ Sarawak Noodle has relocated. The new address has been updated at the bottom of this post.

I recently found out that there is a stall selling Sarawak noodle (kolo mee) as well as Sarawak laksa inside a coffee shop at Blk 504 Jurong West Street 51.

I visit the market and food centre at Blk 505 from time to time but I have not seen or heard of the stall called JJ Sarawak Noodle before as the coffee shop is located at a secluded part of the neighborhood with low footfall.

Business here is a far cry from the food centre or even the halal coffee shop just one block away. You have to see it for yourself to know what I am talking about.

Anyway, I am not complaining because those places are rowdy and difficult to find seats. If I wanted some peace and quiet to have my meal, this is where I would go.

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面

As I was pretty hungry, I decided to go for the large bowl of kolo mee ($5) which came loaded with minced meat, char siew and fried wantons.

I must say they are very generous with the seasoned minced meat that brings the whole dish together. There are more of them hidden from view under the fried wantons.

Brownie points for the subtly sweet char siew that does not taste dry like cardboard. If a food stall took the effort to make their own char siew, I will not give them a bad score.

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面

I am not sure if fried wantons are common in a traditional bowl of kolo mee but I am happy to have them despite being mostly skin with minimal filling.

My only gripe is, they are losing freshness and not that crisp anymore.

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面

While the noodle may seem plain, they are anything but. The tossing sauce is so flavorful and every strand well-oiled with aromatic shallot/lard oil.

I only wished the chili have a little more kick.

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面

The curly egg noodle actually reminded me of instant noodle. I love how springy and chewy the texture is. The best thing is it does not have any alkali smell.

singapore,jj sarawak noodle,food review,review,taman jurong market & food centre,sarawak noodle,kolo mee,food,blk 504 jurong west street 51,晶晶砂朥越面


JJ SARAWAK NOODLE 晶晶砂朥越面
JW 504 F&B
Blk 504 Jurong West Street 51
#01-201
Singapore 209000


🠟🠟🠟NEW ADDRESS🠟🠟🠟
JJ SARAWAK NOODLE 晶晶砂朥越面
Taman Jurong Market & Food Centre
3 Yung Sheng Road
#03-127
Singapore 618499

Business Hours
Mon - Fri: 8am - 4pm
Sun - Sun: 8am - 8pm

Website: https://www.facebook.com/jjsarawak

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/QTnvg1xdwDeM9bKn9


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach