Hougang Jing Jia Mutton Soup @ Haig Road Food Centre

singapore,hougang jing jia mutton soup,food review,後港敬佳羊肉湯,haig road market & food centre,mutton soup,14 haig road

It has been ages since I last had mutton soup and I have been craving for a bowl for the longest time.

Since I stumble across Hougang Jing Jia Mutton Soup at Haig Road Food Centre, I decided to have just that.

I was there just after the peak lunch hour ended so there is no queue at all. I am able to walk up to the stall to place my order immediately.

On the menu, they have tendon soup, mixed soup, mutton soup and brain/meatball soup. I opt for the mixed bowl ($6) which had a bit of everything (meat, belly, tendon and ribs except the meat balls and brain).

I am not too adventurous when it comes to food.

singapore,hougang jing jia mutton soup,food review,後港敬佳羊肉湯,haig road market & food centre,mutton soup,14 haig road

I took a sip of the soup only to find the herbal taste too light for my liking.

Well, it isn't bad. Just not spectacular enough for me as I would prefer a stronger herbal taste.

The mutton parts are nice and tender though. Even the meat is off-the-bone tender. I especially like the chewy texture of the stomach.

There is no noticeable gamey smell from the mutton which I am pretty sure the coriander and shredded ginger helped in some ways.

singapore,hougang jing jia mutton soup,food review,後港敬佳羊肉湯,haig road market & food centre,mutton soup,14 haig road

The dipping chili wasn't as acidic as I like. If only there is a bit more vinegar in it.

singapore,hougang jing jia mutton soup,food review,後港敬佳羊肉湯,haig road market & food centre,mutton soup,14 haig road

14 haig road,singapore,hougang jing jia mutton soup,food review,後港敬佳羊肉湯,haig road market & food centre,mutton soup,


HOUGANG JING JIA MUTTON SOUP 後港敬佳羊肉湯
Haig Road Market & Food Centre
14 Haig Road
01-44
Singapore 430014

Business Hours
Mon - Sun: 11am - 9.30pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xhV2BAh5dLG2


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach