Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak @ Boon Lay Place Food Village

boon lay, boon lay power nasi lemak, coconut rice, food, nasi lemak, review, singapore, food review,

Even though I visit Boon Lay Place Food Village quite frequently, I have never tried this Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak before as I thought that they only cater to the dinner crowd.

A week ago, I was there to do some marketing with my folks when I happened to see the stall open. I did not know that they open in the mornings. Did they change operating hours or have I thought wrongly all these years?

Whatever it is, I knew then that I had to give it a try to know how "power" their Nasi Lemak really is. 

There is a customer in front of me so while waiting for him to be served, I glanced around the stall and noticed that they also sell an assortment of ala carte ingredients which you can choose for your coconut rice.

boon lay, boon lay power nasi lemak, coconut rice, food, nasi lemak, review, singapore, food review,

Their set meals (chicken, fish, otah, etc) are priced at $3.50. I decided to order a chicken set which consists of coconut rice, fried chicken wing, fried egg, peanuts/ikan bilis, sliced cucumber and sambal chili.

Quite standard items I would say.

I felt all warm and fuzzy on the inside when the guy taking orders addressed me as abang. I find him a well-mannered fella.

I have to say that my first Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak did not let me down. I am uncertain whether they put pandan leaves in with the rice but the rice emits this really strong fragrance which reminds me of chicken rice. I think I can just eat this rice plain on it's own without any condiments!

The fried chicken is well-marinated and crispy. It is not out of this world good but certainly enjoyable.

Mum commented that the amount of peanuts is quite generous which I agreed but on the other hand, the ikan bilis is way too little. 

As for the fried egg, I wish the yolk is runny so I could slurp it all up!

boon lay, boon lay power nasi lemak, coconut rice, food, nasi lemak, review, singapore, food review,

The soul of Nasi Lemak has got to be the sambal chili. When I eat Nasi Lemak, I like to mix up the chili together with the rice. Super shiok to eat this way, don't you think?

From what I know, Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak also have outlets at Novena Square 2 and Causeway Point.

Fans of Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak would be happy to know that they now also offer island-wide delivery from 6pm till 2am daily with no minimum order. You just have to top up $5 for delivery within Jurong and $10 outside Jurong area.

boon lay, boon lay power nasi lemak, coconut rice, food, nasi lemak, review, singapore, food review,

 
BOON LAY POWER NASI LEMAK
Boon Lay Place Food Centre
221B Boon lay Place
#01-106
Singapore 642221

Opening Hours:
Mon: 4.30pm - 3.30am 
Tue - Sun: 6.30am – 3.30am daily

GPS Coordinates: 1.345986,103.7111676

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BoonLayPower


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach