Fatty Ox HK Kitchen - Beef Brisket Noodle @ Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

I am not much of a beef person thus, there are some beef dishes that I have not eaten before. Among them, I am particularly curious about the ngau lam (beef brisket).

I heard that the ngau lam at Fatty Ox is one of the best there is in Singapore. Since I am already checking out Fatty Ox for their soy sauce chicken, why not give their ngau lam a try?

That is why, I decided to order a plate of ngau lam with noodle ($4).

I also hear their sui kow (shrimp dumplings) are pretty solid so, I asked to add a couple in as well.

My ngau lam noodle with two pieces of sui kow came up to $5.50.

As this is my first time having ngau lam noodle, I do not know what to expect. In fact, I do not even know which part of the cow ngau lam is!

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

My plate of noodle come with a decent serving of ngau lam and tendon together with the sui kow. Hidden underneath the noodle is the obligatory vegetable which is kailan instead of the usual choy sum.

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

Be forewarned to eat the ngau lam with your mouth closed as it has absorbed the sauce really well. When I bit down on it, I could feel the liquids spurting in my mouth. The texture is literally melt-in-your-mouth tender.

On the other hand, the gelatinous tendons come with a sticky mouthfeel that I really like. Both the ngau lam and tendons are exceptionally well done.

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

They are definitely not stingy when it comes to wrapping the sui kow. The well-seasoned pork filling is a mixture of minced pork, strips of black fungus and whole shrimps. The tasty morsel fills up the spoon completely which I hoped can give you some perspective regarding its size.

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

I love how the sui kow is wrapped with the excess sui kow skin flowing like the tail of a goldfish.

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

Do not judge the noodle by its appearance. Although it seemed plain and unassuming, it is flavorful as they have mopped up all the ngau lam gravy.

Also, help yourself to their sambal chili which is really mou tak teng (unbeatable) as it elevates the taste of the springy noodle while the pickled green chili brings sharp acidity.

I am surprised that the plate of ngau lam noodle is priced at only $4. Given the ngau lam and tendon's quality, it is definitely worth more than that!

The ngau lam gets sold out by 10am so you might want to come early for a plate.

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre

At the row behind their stall, Fatty Ox owned a separate stall dedicated to roasting their meats.

I am glad I found Fatty Ox because their soy sauce chicken and other offerings are comparable to, if not better than Liao Fan's (Hawker Chan) without that crazy queue. You can definitely trust Mr Cheong, a true blue Hong Konger with his Hong Kong roasts and ngau lam.

I expect nothing less than stellar from the Hong Kong chef!

牛腩,水餃,beef brisket,肥牛過橋麵檔,soy sauce chicken,水饺,豉油鸡,singapore,sui kow,豉油雞,food review,chinatown complex market & food centre,335 smith street,fatty ox hk kitchen,hawker centre


FATTY OX HK KITCHEN 肥牛過橋面檔
Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre
335 Smith Street
#02-84
Singapore 050335

Business Hours
Wed - Sun: 7.30am - 2.30pm
Closed: Mon/Tue

Website: https://www.facebook.com/fattyoxhk/


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach