Nine Fresh Desserts Taiwan 九鲜 九份甜品 @ Jurong Point


I have never been to Taiwan before but thanks to the kind folks who brought in the Taiwan desserts chain stores to our shores, I am able to have my first taste of taro balls with beancurd/grass jelly about a year ago. 

As much as I like the dessert I had then, I was hesitant to go back again as the price is almost equivalent to a meal at the food court. 

However, I am happy to have found another brand of Taiwan dessert stall offering a similar concept but with a more wallet-friendly pricing.

Introducing, NINE FRESH DESSERTS TAIWAN! They offer a few combo of desserts featuring Taiwan-specified ingredients like taro balls and pearls. Or, if you prefer, you could also create your own by selecting one of the base (beancurd, grass jelly, ai-yu jelly) and choosing your favorite toppings.


I decided to order one of their signature, the NINE FRESH SIGNATURE which comes with bean curd, grass jelly, red bean, green bean, pinto bean, peanut and taro balls.  

My takeaway bowl was filled to the brim with ingredients while sitting at the bottom is a generous portion of bean curd and grass jelly. This awesome bowl of dessert is good enough for two persons to share which is a great deal at just $2.50.

Something similar at the competitor would have cost at least twice that amount.


Thankfully, my dessert was not too sweet and I actually feel quite full after all that beans and nuts. The bean curd is silky smooth though I find the grass jelly a little different from the ones I usually had. I really enjoyed the chewiness of the taro balls and my only gripe is I wished there were more of them for me to chew on. 

Nine Fresh is worth a try and I cannot wait to taste the rest of their menu.

Just like bubble tea shops, they have a loyalty card system. Every six chops will entitle you to redeem one free dessert. Complete all 18 chops to take part in their monthly lucky draw! (t&c applies)



NINE FRESH DESSERTS TAIWAN 九鲜 九份甜品
Jurong Point
1 Jurong West Central 2
#B1-K3
Singapore 648886

Operating Hours:
Mon - Sun: 10am – 10pm daily

GPS Coordinates: 1.3395626,103.7035576



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach