Hui Ji Fishball Noodles & Yong Tau Fu 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐 @ Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre

food, hui ji fishball noodles, hui ji yong tau fu, tiong bahru, tiong bahru hawker centre, 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐, 辉记鱼圆面﹒酿豆腐, review,food review,singapore

I got to know about Hui Ji Fishball Noodles & Yong Tau Fu while researching the must-eats at Tiong Bahru. Apart from the Shui Kueh and Lor Mee, this is yet another recommended stall that turned up in the search results.

I have not heard of this stall before but I decided to give it a try nonetheless. I was there during the late morning and expecting a long queue as mentioned by the many reviews online however, it must be my lucky day for there were only three customers in front of me.

The one before me ordered two bowls but had so many special requests that he confused the auntie and had to repeat his order several times.

When it was my turn, I ordered a $3 bowl of Fishball Mee Pok with extra chili.

food, hui ji fishball noodles, hui ji yong tau fu, tiong bahru, tiong bahru hawker centre, 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐, 辉记鱼圆面﹒酿豆腐, review,food review,singapore
Looks fiery but it is not that spicy

In my bowl, I counted four fishballs, two fish dumplings (her giao), some pork slices and the usual fishcake slices. There is also two nugget-sized fishcake.

From what I know, the stall owner make his own fishballs, the  nugget-sized fishcake and Yong Tau Fu. However, I find the fishballs quite tasteless and a little tough; not "bursting with flavors" as described by what I saw online.

Despite that, I will still order this just for the sake of the noodles because the concoction of ketchup and chili makes the mee pok very addictive to eat! The taste is really old school; I believe the fried pork lard played an important role!

food, hui ji fishball noodles, hui ji yong tau fu, tiong bahru, tiong bahru hawker centre, 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐, 辉记鱼圆面﹒酿豆腐, review,food review,singapore
This fried pork lard
 
Other than fishball noodles, the stall also sell Yong Tau Fu although their selection is quite limited. You may choose to add on the Yong Tau Fu ingredients to your fishball noodles at additional cost but I did not.

Come to think of it, I am the only one who ordered fishball noodles while everyone else ordered Yong Tau Fu. I knew because I took a look whenever someone in front left the queue.

food, hui ji fishball noodles, hui ji yong tau fu, tiong bahru, tiong bahru hawker centre, 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐, 辉记鱼圆面﹒酿豆腐, review,food review,singapore


HUI JI FISHBALL NOODLE, YONG TAU FU 輝記魚圓面﹒釀豆腐
Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre
30 Seng Poh Road
#02-44
Singapore 168898

Opening Hours:
Thu - Tue: 7am – 2pm daily
Wed: Closed


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach