At The Singapore River Safari With GoPro Hero 4 Silver

action camera, gopro, gopro hero 4, river cruise, river quest, river safari, singapore, singapore river safari

The Singapore River Safari has been opened for quite some time now but my folks have yet to visit so I took the opportunity to bring them there when the park have a promotion for seniors above 60 years young. The tickets were only $8 (usual $14) per senior for the month of July.

Unfortunately, I only got to know about this during the last week of July. Otherwise, I would have brought them to a different park (Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird Park) each weekend.

I, on the other hand, got 30% off due to being a SAF personnel.

This trip could not have come at a more appropriate time for me to test out my new GoPro Hero 4 Silver which I have bought just a day before this trip.

One of the reasons why I bought the folks here was because Mum had wanted to "sit in a boat" after hearing it from her sister who had visited the park earlier. And so, there we are, on a boat going on the Amazon Forest Quest.

Previously, we could only take the ride once but now it seems that we could take the ride twice because, at the end of the ride, the staff asked if we wanted to go for another round? Of course we had to maximize our $5 ticket's worth!

During the first ride, I was sitting on the second row behind a Japanese family and I keep filming the back of their heads. On the second ride, I managed to get the first row seat and the footage below is from that ride.

Watch the full unedited version on Youtube if you are interested

I discovered a few changes at the River Safari this time. Firstly, tickets for the Amazon River Quest is no longer sold at the ticketing outside the zoo. A dedicated booth has been set up inside the River Safari near the queue to the ride.

Secondly, a new boat ride is available now. The River Safari Cruise is a leisurely 15 minutes cruise along the perimeter of the river safari. If you are lucky enough, you might just see the animals from the Wild Africa section of the zoo near the river bank.

Watch the full unedited version on Youtube if you are interested

*Do not confuse the River Safari Cruise with the Amazon River Quest. The former is included in the admission ticket while the latter requires additional purchase of ticket for the ride (adults: $5, child: $3).

Thirdly, there is now a touchpool near the Ganges River exhibit where visitors can touch a starfish amongst other sea creatures.


All in all, the folks had fun especially at the River Quest when we go down the rapids. Being seniors, they tire easily due to all the walking so we did not really go through all the exhibits and I could not concentrate on working the action camera.

After using the GoPro Hero 4 Silver for today's trip, I felt that the videos were not as crystal clear as what I saw on those GoPro youtube channels. Maybe it is due to post editing or maybe I need more practicing afterall, I had my GoPro for less than 24 hours. Photos wise, I think it is still best to use a proper camera.



RIVER SAFARI
80 Mandai Lake Road
Singapore 729826

Telephone: 6269 3411
Opening Hours: 9am - 6pm daily
infocounter. zoo@wrs.com.sg 
Website: http://www.riversafari.com.sg
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wrs.sg

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/TxS25
GPS Coordinates: 1.403784,103.789546



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach