初音ミク - 千本櫻 Hatsune Miku - Senbonzakura

Senbonzakura/Thousand Cherry Trees/千本櫻


I'm probably late but this is the first time I have heard of Hatsune Miku (初音ミク), a humanoid persona voiced by a singing synthesizer application developed by Crypton Future Media.

The name of the character comes from merging the Japanese words for first (初 hatsu), sound (音 ne) and future (ミク miku), thus meaning "the first sound from the future," referring to her position as the first of Crypton's "Character Vocal Series."



Yes. That is Hatsune Miku herself on stage with a 'live' band during one of her concert. See the number of male fans she has? I'm intrigued how a virtual idol could command such a huge following? As I dig deeper, I realized that Senbonzakura wasn't the first song I have heard from her. She is the original 'singer' for Nyan Cat.  


Back to Senbonzakura , I really like this song which have been looping non-stop on my mp3. Below are some covers which I enjoy as well.

Senbonzakura cover by 和楽器バンド


Senbonzakura erhu cover by 永安


Senbonzakura guzheng cover


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach