Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee @ 534 Macpherson Road


Update: Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee has permanently closed.

I have never tasted dried ban mian (or pan mee, as they are known in Malaysia) before and have always been intrigued by its taste whenever I see Malaysian bloggers blogging about it.

Thus, when Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee from KL set up a branch here in Singapore two months ago, it got me excited.

I had wanted to go pay them a visit then but was upset to learn that the queue is two hours long!

Disgruntled, I decided to wait until the hype is gone before going down.

The menu

Earlier this week, I decided it's time for me to go and my intuition is right. I reached there after 11am and there was no queue at all.

In fact, there were lots of empty seats when I stepped into the air-conditioned eatery.

I was assigned a table number and I proceeded to place my order with the cashier.

I returned to my table, wanted to unplugged my earphones, stuffed them inside my crumpler bag and get ready for my meal when my noodles were delivered.

That is fast. I have not even sat down yet. It was barely two minutes from ordering till I receive my order. Talk about efficiency! #TrueStory

Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee SGD5

If I am not wrong, I believe Kin Kin only serve thin noodles aka u-mian (幼面). Not too sure if they also serve ban mian (板面) and mee hoon kueh (面粉粿)?
面粉粿)

Anyway, my thin noodles were topped with a generous portion of minced meat, fried anchovies, three meatballs, fried shallots and a soft-boiled egg with runny egg yolk.

What makes Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee so special has got to be it's dried chili flakes which is available in a container on every table.

The legendary dried chili flakes

I added about five scoops of the dried chili flakes

What's left to do is to break the yolk and mix everything up!



What's left in my bowl

At first glance, I thought the portion of the thin noodles were a little miserable but surprisingly, I feel quite full by the end of my meal.

I love how every mouthful of the noodles is coated with the egg yolk, minced meat and chili flakes while the fried anchovies provided some crunch from the gooey mess.

The savory meatballs were good on its own I wished I had ordered a bowl of the meatball soup.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed my bowl of Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee, I doubt I will return anytime soon due to the location.

How to get to Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee?

Take the Circle Line to Tai Seng Station exit B, turn right and follow the footpath till you see a building with the Axe Oil advertisement. Cross the road to the opposite side and Kin Kin is along the row of old shop houses.

Walking journey takes about 5-7 minutes.

Cross the road to the opposite side once you see this building

The shopfront

The Verdict?

My ratings 3.5/5

By the way, has anyone tried the curry and the briyani next door before? 


KIN KIN CHILLI PAN MEE 建记辣椒版面
534 Macpherson
Singapore 368220

Business Hours
Daily 11am - 8pm

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/hQcRS
GPS Coordinates: 1.332521,103.884534



Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach