新加坡动物园 Singapore Zoo 2014


It was around noon when I left the Singapore River Safari. The staff stamped my hand with a chop so I could re-enter if I want to.

After thanking her, I made my way towards the Zoo entrance and again gained free entrance with my complimentary ticket. I think it is so nice of Wildlife Reserves to open up their parks for free to Singaporeans on their birthdays.

If only Resort World Sentosa would do the same... Heh heh!

Look at those gorgeous parrots! I like the Macaw on the left!

During my previous visit to the Zoo, I had missed out "Wild Africa" and "Fragile Forest" so that is where I am headed but first, I break for brunch.

Tomato pasta with Bratwurst

In recent years, I have suddenly been plagued by severe leg cramps when I have been on my feet for too long. I have it happened to me twice at SENTOSA on separate visits and I was left groaning in pain by the roadside.

A quick check on the internet indicate the loss of body fluids and insufficient amount of potassium as probable causes of leg cramps.

The simple remedy?

Drink more to hydrate and eat potassium-rich food such as tomatoes.

After eating for a while, a whole nest of ants appeared out of nowhere and I had to flee for my life!

False Ghavial

Directions

Otters

I have missed out on all the morning animal shows while the afternoon shows were hours away...

Elephant ride with the Mahout


I went to collect my complimentary Ben & Jerry ice cream from Ah Meng Restaurant. It is a little melted by the time I brought it over to Inuka's exhibit "Frozen Tundra".

I sat there watching Inuka for the longest time. I always get emo during my birthday. I dunno why also.

Oh well...

Inuka the Poar Bear


Done with my emo-ing, I finally headed for "Wild Africa".

Nyala

White Rhinoceros


Zebra

Giraffe

Lion

Jaguar

And then, I went to the "Fragile Forest".


Mousedeer

Lories

Flying Fox


Sun Conure

Take heed

And there goes my sad, lonely birthday! #ForeverAlone

Thanks to Wildlife Reserves for the ice cream and free admission!


SINGAPORE ZOO
80 Mandai Lake Road
Singapore 729826

Telephone: 6269 3411
Opening Hours: 8.30 - 6 pm daily
infocounter.zoo@wrs.com.sg 
Website: http://www.zoo.com.sg
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wrs.sg

Check out more photos on the Singapore Zoo in my Facebook page.

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/hyYVu
GPS Coordinates: 1.404348,103.793023


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach