Namewee: Last New Year


Namewee's new year song "Last New Year" reminded me of my own maternal grandparents.

My Ah Gong was already gone way before my birth while Ah Ma followed suit not long after I was born.

The only impression I had of them is through a yellowed photograph which Mum has kept in the photo album.

As I have never experienced being doted on by them, I would be so envious whenever I see my classmates having a Ah Gong or Ah Ma to come pick them up from school.

Isn't it a bliss to have a grandparent to throw little tantrums to?

If your grandparents are still around, do learn to appreciate them before they are gone.

I know I will.

黃明志的新年歌曲《去年新年》让我想起了自己那无缘的外公外婆。

我还没出世前,外公就先离开了而外婆也在我出世没多久后相继去世了。

对于外公外婆的印象也只是凭着妈妈的一张发了黄的照片。

自小就从没受过外公外婆疼爱的我,每当看见同学有长辈来学校接送时都会感到特别羡慕。

是啊,有外公外婆可以撒娇因该是件很幸福的事吧?

长辈若还健在的朋友们可要多加珍惜这份缘…

至少我知道我会。