|I was at the supermarket choosing Spinach for this recipe when I noticed that it was labeled as 笕菜 on the packaging. |
This confuses me as I always thought that Spinach is 菠菜 in Chinese?
Can someone enlighten me whether 笕菜 and 菠菜 are the same?
Anyway, here are some benefits of the Spinach:
- Loaded with flavonoids which protects the body from free radicals
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties which acts against Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Migraine and Asthma
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
1 bundle Spinach (roots trimmed, washed)
1 Salted Egg (separate the white from the yolk)
1 tbsp Garlic (peeled, minced)
1 tbsp Dried Shrimps (washed, minced)
1 tsp Chicken Powder
200ml Chicken Stock
1) Separate the Spinach stems from the leaves
2) Saute the Garlic and Dried Shrimps in a little hot oil
3) Stir fry the stems for a minute followed by the leaves
4) Add Chicken Stock and Chicken Powder to simmer the Spinach5) Arrange Spinach on a plate but leave Chicken Stock behind in the wok
6) Stir in the Salted Egg White
7) Once it turns opaque, pour Chicken Stock over the Spinach
8) Cut Salted Egg yolk into small pieces and sprinkle on top
菠菜 = Spinach
笕菜 also = Spinach?
Recipe: Stir Fry Spinach With Salted Egg