豪大大鸡排 Hot Star Large Fried Chicken @ City Square Mall

Hot Star

If you are a fan of XXL fried chicken cutlets found in Taiwan night markets, look no further as Hot Star - the founder of Large Fried Chicken - as claimed on it's signboard, is finally here in Singapore!

This franchise is conveniently located at City Square Mall.

If you are coming by train, alight at Farrer Park MRT station and head towards Exit I.

I like how the underground tunnel leads you straight to the basement of City Square Mall with Hot Star just a couple of steps away from the entrance!

In fact, they are situated right outside KFC! Bold move!

Hey, now there's no need to brave the scorching sun or chilly rain just to satisfy that crave for XXL fried chicken anymore!

The various items on the menu

I was half expecting to see a long snaking queue but on the contrary, there were no customers before me and I was able to place my order as soon as I arrived.

Perhaps it was still early as I was there slightly before noon.

I ordered the Chicken Combo Meal ($6.70) which comes with a side of sweet potato fries and a drink.

Be prepared to wait as the chicken was only fried upon ordering. I guess the same goes with the fries. I have waited for about ten minutes or so. Do expect a longer wait if there's a queue!

I forgot to do a size comparison but it is definitely larger than my palm
(with fingers outstretched)

Since the chicken was fried on the spot, I had to wait for it to cool down before I could sink my teeth in.

Fiery concoction of spices

At first bite, I could feel the crunchiness and the flavors exploding in my mouth. I was expecting the chicken breast to be bland but it was actually well marinated on the inside. 

I asked for "extra hot" and it set my tongue on fire!

Watch out for bones

As per Hot Star's practice, they do not cut up the fried chicken

I love the fries!

To be honest, I thought I was eating some regular chunky fries with plum flavor. I only realised it was sweet potato fries after I got back and did some research for this post.

I love the plum flavored seasoning though it was a lil salty

Seriously, I can't tell the difference. Either my tongue have been numbed by the spiciness or the taste of the sweet potato has been overwhelmed by the seasonings.

As tasty as it might be, do go easy on the seasonings!

HOT STAR LARGE FRIED CHICKEN
City Square Mall
180 Kitchener Road, #B1-K7
Singapore 208539
Opens daily: 10am - 10pm